The Teacher Advisory Committee of local educators meets biannually and reports to the state of Iowa. It enhances the Grinnell College Education Program's communication and cooperation with area schools to provide an excellent pre-service teaching education for Grinnell students, advises faculty on student teaching evaluations, and makes suggestions about enhancing Grinnell’s curriculum. Members serve a two-year term; membership terms are staggered to provide some continuity of membership.
Many members are currently serving a two year term. The committee meets twice a year, once in the fall and again in the spring.
Current TAC Members
- David Abarr '83 (Grinnell Newburg - Davis School)
- Rick Radcliff (BGM - Brooklyn, Iowa)
- Steve Alig (BGM - Brooklyn, Iowa)
- Sarah Hegg-Dunn (Grinnell-Newburg Middle School)
- Dan Covino '10 (Grinnell-Newburg High School)
- Liz Hansen (Grinnell-Newburg High School)
- Leah Slick-Driscoll (Meskwaki Settlement High School, Tama)
- Deanna Zmolek (South Tama County - Tama, Iowa)