Student Health Insurance
Grinnell College requires all full-time students to have health insurance.
- In accordance with this requirement, all students are automatically enrolled in and billed $1591.00 for the Student Health Insurance Plan unless a waiver form is submitted showing proof of comparable coverage. The coverage is from August 14, 2017 to August 13, 2018.
In order to waive the Grinnell College Student Health Insurance Plan, your private health insurance must provide comparable coverage.
- This means your plan needs to have doctors and hospitals in Grinnell, Iowa; cover you for services beyond emergency care which includes pharmacy, physician visits, mental health, surgery, diagnostic testing, maternity, preventive services; and does not have a high deductible. The insurance company must be based in the United States. International policies are not accepted.
For more information, visit our student health insurance site.
The Deadline To Waive The School Plan Is Thursday, August 24, 2017. To complete the decision form:
- Go to the Gallagher Health Insurance site.
- Click on ‘Student Waive/Enroll’. (This option will not be available until June 23, 2017.)
- Log in. If it is the first time you are logging in, your user name is your Grinnell College email address and your temporary password will be your student ID number. You will be required to change your password the first time you log in.
- Choose either ‘I want to enroll’ or ‘I want to waive’.
- Follow the instructions to complete the form. If waiving the insurance, have your current health insurance ID card ready as you will need this information in order to complete the waiver form. You will be asked to review the information provided and click ‘submit’ to complete the process. Immediately upon submitting your Online Form you will receive a reference number. Please note and keep this information for your record.
STUDENTS WHO NEED PROOF OF INSURANCE CAN COMPLETE AN ENROLLMENT FORM FOR EARLIER INSURANCE CARD ACCESS.
For help with accessing a student insurance card or any policy questions please use the student health insurance customer service link or contact our local health insurance representative:
Ramsey Weeks Insurance
2016-2017 Insurance Plan Information
For information regarding the current 2016-2017 student health insurance plan in effect until August 13, 2017 please visit Consolidated Health Plans for details or contact our local health insurance representative:
Ramsey Weeks Insurance