How the CLS Can Assist Grinnell College Alumni
Are you interested in volunteering for the College? Thinking about making a career change and don’t know what to do? Looking for resources? The Center for Careers, Life, and Service is here to help!
For more details on any of the items below, please contact the Center for Careers, Life, and Service at 641-269-3204 or email us at career[at]grinnell[dot]edu. We look forward to serving you!
- Career Advising: Still not certain on your professional direction? Switching paths years later? We can talk through your options, explore transferable skills, plan networking strategies, and help you connect with other alumni.
- Material Review: At any juncture in your career, we can give you feedback on your professional materials, such as résumés, cover letters, personal statements, portfolios, and profiles.
- Graduate and Professional School Advising: Applying for post-graduate education doesn’t have to be daunting! We can walk you through each step of the selection, preparation, and application stage.
- Post-Graduate Fellowships and Awards: Many awards, including Fulbright Grants and prestigious UK scholarships (Rhodes, Marshall, Mitchell), accept applications from recent graduates. As alumni you may work with the CLS on your applications—even those requiring campus nomination or endorsement.
- FOCUS Career Assessment is a self-paced, online career and education planning tool for use by college students and alumni. It will enable you to self-assess your career relevant personal qualities and explore career fields and major areas of study that are most compatible with your assessment results. Access Code: pioneers
- Networking: Forum and LinkedIn (search Grinnell College Alumni): Reach out to fellow Grinnellians for support and advice. Share your stories and hear theirs. Every contact can lead to more information, and the key is connecting with people so that you reach the largest possible group in any given field. The Forum grants you access to the Alumni Online Directory, which lists Grinnell College alumni and the information they want to be made available to other Grinnell College alumni, students, faculty and staff. The directory is updated and managed by the Office of Development and Alumni Relations.
Still feel as though you need more assistance? You can also make an appointment to speak with a CLS career counselor. Call 641-269-4940 for appointment information.