Employers and Recruiters
Why You Should Hire a Grinnellian
Independent thinkers, exceptional communicators, and international citizens — Grinnell graduates make lasting contributions in their careers, working in business and industry, in the for-profit and nonprofit sectors, in this country, and around the world. With an individualized curriculum, we don’t expect our students to stick with one specialty for four years. We know that flexibility and adaptability enable and inspire the big thinkers and global leaders of tomorrow. Grinnellians take responsibility for their education; they take responsibility for their work. They make original connections and develop fresh ideas. They solve problems. They thrive in teams yet excel at independent, self-driven projects. They are never afraid to lead. We invite you to peruse our RecruitersGuide to learn more about Grinnell and how we can connect you with our talented students.
The Center for Careers, Life, and Service offers a suite of recruiting options for organizations seeking to connect with our students for full-time positions, internships, graduate admissions, or post-graduate fellowships and volunteer programs. It is our pleasure to consult with you about which of the following strategies are best suited to your recruitment goals.
- On-Campus Interviewing: We will work closely with you to coordinate the application process and schedule interviews to meet students in person. Employers typically post an opening or opportunity with us, along with a resume deadline, prior to their on-campus visits. We recommend at least three weeks’ advance notice, so that you will have time to preselect candidates and students can prepare for their meetings with you. Interviews generally take place on weekdays between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Information Sessions: We understand you have important information you want to share with our students in person. Allow us to reserve the proper space and technology for you to share the opportunities with your organization.
- Tabling: Like on every college campus, there are predictable times and locations where student traffic is congested. We are happy to help reserve a space for you to be at the epicenter of activity. Oh, and please be prepared. Our students are both outgoing and inquisitive, so be prepared for lots of questions.
- Resume Referrals: Members of our staff will work with you to advertise career opportunities and find the right candidates. Send us descriptions, application procedures, suggested deadlines, and any other pertinent information. We will refer relevant resumes and assist you with potential next steps.
- Telepresence Interviews/Webinars: Iowa rocks! If you've never been here, then you have one more reason to come visit us. However, if you can't make it to our section of America's Breadbasket, then we can assist you with recruiting at a distance. We can help you set up web-based interviews or information sessions over Skype, Google, or another platform.
- Consortia: In addition to the various recruiting options listed here, Grinnell is also a member of three different recruiting consortia: the Selective Liberal Arts Consortium; the Liberal Arts Career Network; and the Iowa College Recruiting Network. Please let us know if you'd like additional information about one or more of these consortia.
The Center for Careers, Life, and Service is a member of the National Association of College and Employers. We abide by their Principles of Professional Practice and we expect recruiters to as well. In addition, we expect all recruiters to adhere to our Recruiting Activities Policy. This policy governs all activities that occur on the Grinnell College campus and are sponsored by the CLS or posted on our PioneerLink job board.
Posting a Job or Internship
Have an opportunity you would like to share with our students (and recent graduates)? Then be sure to register and share your full-time, internship, and/or post-graduate volunteer positions with us PioneerLink. There is no charge to do so and we are happy to help you should you have any questions.
- Go to https://grinnell-csm.symplicity.com/employers/.
- Click Register and Post an Opportunity to Grinnell Students
- Complete registration information form. Required fields are noted with an asterisk.
- Complete the job posting form.
- Your user name and password will be emailed to you within one business day.
- Return at any time to post additional opportunities.