Council on Diversity & Inclusion
Charge to the Council on Diversity & Inclusion
The mission of the Council on Diversity & Inclusion is to provide strategic recommendations to the President on how to develop and sustain an inclusive and diverse campus community and to evaluate the effectiveness of the College's practices. It is also charged with:
- Working closely with others on campus to develop programs related to the recruitment and retention of faculty, staff, and students from underrepresented groups.
- Evaluating diversity in the curriculum and co-curriculum.
- Monitoring campus climate and recommending policies, practices, and programs designed to improve it for all faculty, staff, and students.
- Reviewing, revising, and implementing the Grinnell College Diversity Plan.
The membership of the 2017-2018 Council on Diversity & Inclusion includes:
- Johnson, Lakesia — Chair and Co-convener
- Smith-Benanti, Maure — Co-convener
- Herchek, Connie — Secretary of the CDI
- Amador-Lacson, Patricia — Coordinator of Multicultural Recruitment
- Behounek, Michele — Staff Council
- Benjamin, Shanna — FOC Appointed, 2016-2018
- Boggess, Hannah — SGA Diversity & Outreach Coordinator
- Brooks, Jordan — Assistant Director of Intercultural Affairs
- Caruso, James — Posse representative (DC Posse)
- Chaney, Jayn — Director of Alumni & Donor Relations
- Edwards, Karen — Director of International Student Affairs
- Greiner, Mary — Assistant Vice President of Human Resources
- Jensen, Talera — Accessibility Student Staff
- Koester, Kirsten — Faculty Representative
- Kulstad, Tess — Faculty & Staff of Color Caucus (faculty representative)
- Nyden, Tammy — Faculty Representative
- Roepke, Holly — Assistant Athletic Director, Diversity Coordinator in Athletics
- Shorb, Deanna — Dean of Religious Life
- Tennenbaum, Ric — Stonewall Resource Center Student Staff
- Ukabiala, Chinyere — Ombudsperson
- White, Summer — SGA President
- Wilke, Autumn — Assistant Dean for Disability Resources
- Willig Onwuachi, Jacob — Executive Council Representative