Why study in Costa Rica?
- Learn about environmental issues from a multi-disciplinary perspective
- Study intersection between community, ecosystem, economics and politics
- Explore environmental and economic implications of plantation and small-scale agriculture, eco-tourism, bio-prospecting, and national park management.
- Analyze impact of export-oriented development on family, class, and race relations.
- Learn strategies for natural resource conservation through organic agriculture and sustainable extraction of timber and other forest products
Program Contact Email:
Program Contact Phone:
+1 11 506 2225 05
Minimum of Spanish 217 or equivalent.
Of interest to majors::
Language of Instruction:
Other programs to consider::
Community Engagement in Public Health, Education & the Environment (ACM)
Field Research in the Environment, Social Sciences, & Humanities (ACM)
OTS Tropical Biology on a Changing Planet
Minnesota Studies in International Development - Quito, Ecuador
Minnesota Studies in International Development - Dakar, Senegal