Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), as amended, details the federal rights afforded eligible students with regards to their education records and prohibits institutions of higher education from disclosing the education records of students to most third parties without the students’ written consent.
- Annual notice of FERPA Policy and Student Privacy Rights
- For more information regarding FERPA, please visit the official government website.
- FERPA Glossary
- Grinnell College Directory Information
- FERPA FAQ for Students
- FERPA FAQ for Faculty
- FERPA FAQ for Parents
- Request to Block the Release of Directory Information
- FERPA Authorization for Reference/Recommendation