In order to host approved events at Grinnell you must complete the following steps.
Consult the campus Alcohol and Event Hosting Policies.
Ensure that all hosts and servers for the event receive Event Hosting Certification. Training sessions are offered several times throughout the semester and the certification lasts for three years.
Event Hosting Certification
All students who wish to host or serve at a campus event are required to receive Event Hosting Certification. Trainings are held regularly throughout the semester and must be registered for in advance.
Please note that registration closes at noon the day prior to the session. In the case that you are registered for a session that does not have enough participants, you will receive an email with instructions for registering for another future session.
Complete the following form to register for a session:
Please feel free to email Maggie Lawter with questions or for more information.
Reserve the lounge where you wish to hold the event.
Please note that lounge reservations for events with alcohol need to be completed by 5 p.m. on the Friday one full week prior to your event. (Alcohol agreements are also due at this time).
To reserve a lounge or kitchen:
- Go to the campus calendar.
- Select "Locations" from the top menu.
- Select "Dorm Lounges and Kitchens" on the Filters menu. You will see a list of reservable lounges, as well as when the are free or busy.
- Confirm that the lounge is free for the time you'd like. If it isn't, find a different location or time that is free.
- Select "My Requests" from the top menu.
- Log in using your calendar username and password. If you don't have a calendar username and password, contact Conference Operations and Events to request one.
- Complete and submit your reservation request.
Complete the Alcohol and Event Hosting Agreement online. Completed Alcohol Agreements are due 5 p.m. the Friday one full week prior event.
In order to provide a wrap up of the event, hosts are asked to meet with Maggie Lawter briefly in person within the week following the event. The scheduling for this appointment is now included as part of the Alcohol and Event Hosting Agreement form.
Please email Maggie Lawter with any questions.