Student Assistance also coordinates Care Team, which is a group of interdisciplinary professionals that meets weekly to discuss students who may be experiencing significant challenges. This team is charged with fostering the early identification of concerns about students, intervening effectively, and reducing the impact of problematic situations. The team achieves this through developing action plans intended to maintain student and community safety, support student development, and sustain a campus environment conducive to learning. Additionally, the Care Team coordinates the College’s response to students who demonstrate a threat to self or others, experience a medical or emotional crisis, or disrupt the community with their behavior.
Care Team Members
- Assistant Dean of Students, Coordinator
- Dean of Students
- Dean for Student Success and Academic Advising
- Dean of Religious Life*
- Director of Residence Life
- Director of Student Health and Counseling*
- Assistant Dean of Students and Director of Wellness and Prevention
- Assistant Dean of Students & Director of Multicultural Affairs
- Campus Safety
- Community Partner: Psychiatrist*
- Associate Dean of Students & Director of International Student Affairs
- Disability Resources Coordinator
- Residence Life Coordinators
To speak with a member of the Care Team, contact us at (641) 269-3713 or email Callie Frieler.
The Care Team, as part of Student Assistance, also upholds a commitment to privacy, and members recognize that accessing, using, and/or disclosing such information other than within the scope of the students’ or campus’ best interest is prohibited by federal law (including FERPA or HIPAA).
*Members of the Care Team who are confidential resources maintain their obligation to confidentiality and do not disclose information concerning students.