Following are contact numbers for providers of primary health and mental health care and services in Grinnell. This list does not constitute recommendation or endorsement of any of these providers. For information about specialists, dental care providers, and providers and services in other central Iowa locations, please contact Student Health and Counseling Services at 641-269-3230.
For coverage information you may access Consolidated Health Plans.
- Melanie Heto, PsyD: 202-669-9070
- Bridget Baechtel, LISW: 641-236-4323
- Brandon Davis, PhD: 641-236-0632
- Healthy Homes Family Services: 641-236-0273
- Kun-Hong Lu, LISW: 641-236-8811
- Midwest Counseling, 319-668-1217
- Jacquie Perman: 641-812-2990
- Jeff Wells, LMFT, CADC: 641-236-4680
- Grinnell Regional Mental Health Center: 641-236-2347
- Capstone, Grinnell Campus: 641-260-8270
- Family Medicine: 641-236-6740
- Ryan Dahlby-Albright, MD
- Laura Ferguson, MD
- Grinnell Family Care: 641-236-7524
- Theresa Coon, MD
- Lisa James, ARNP
- J.R. Paulson, MD
- Grinnell Regional Family Practice: 641-236-2500
- Jacob Boyer, PA-C
- Roy Doorenbos, MD
- Robert Koller, MD
- Kristin Phelps, PA-C
- Michelle Rebelsky, MD
- Katelyn Van Wyk, PA-C
Reproductive Health Care Providers
- Central Iowa Family Planning: 641-236-7787
- Grinnell Regional Medical Center
- Switchboard: 641-236-7511
- ER: 641-236-2380
If it is determined that a student is too ill to remain on campus but does not require full hospitalization, he/she/they may be referred to the SubAcute Care Program at Grinnell Regional Medical Center (GRMC). Students are referred to the SubAcute Care Program by a physician in consultation with our Medical Director Dr. Laura Ferguson or our Director Deb Shill, R.N.
In the SubAcute Care Program, students stay at GRMC overnight and receive limited nursing care and meals, provided by GRMC staff, at no cost. All other expenses, including lab work, physician visits, physical therapy, and prescribed medication, will be billed to you.