Live Well Grinnell provides resources, support, and encouragement to all members of our community (students, staff, faculty) as they seek their vision of optimal wellness in all dimensions.
Central tenets of Live Well Grinnell:
- Wellness is integral to the mission of the College.
- Wellness is multidimensional: social, intellectual, physical, vocational, spiritual, emotional, and environmental.
- Wellness should meet people where they are, both literally and figuratively.
- Wellness focuses on moving towards optimal health and wellbeing, not just avoiding disease and dysfunction.
- Wellness can be pursued both individually and collaboratively.
- Wellness is about continuous improvement, not a set destination.
- Wellness facilitates people’s engagement with the College.
- Social justice is integral to wellness. We are only as well as our community.