Directly across from Steiner Hall, is the main administration building of the College. This white, temple-form Greek Revival structure with its stately Ionic columns houses the offices of the president, vice-president for academic affairs, dean of the College, and others. The building is named for John Scholte Nollen (1869-1952), president of the College from 1931 to 1940. Designed by Eugene H. Taylor of the Class of 1876, a partner in the firm of Josselyn and Taylor of Cedar Rapids, the house was built in 1903 by David Sutherland Morrison. Morrison was a businessman who succeeded his father, Frederic W. Morrison, in running Grinnell's earliest industry, a tanning facility and glove factory, which in its day served markets in this country and abroad. The building was remodeled and opened as Nollen House in 1972.