Norris Hall



Norris Hall has 36 singles and 35 doubles, and houses 106 students.


Floors Singles Doubles
First 3 2
Second 6 5
Third 6 5
Fourth 6 5


Floors Singles Doubles
First 0 0
Second 4 7
Third 6 5
Fourth 5 6



Norris has a large lounge located on its first floor which has a television.


Norris has a kitchen located on the first floor. The kitchen is equipped with a stove, an oven, a fridge and a microwave.


Residents of Norris have access to a storage facility located in the basement.


Residents of Norris have easy access to a laundry facility located in the dorm next to it, Dibble.

Computer Lab

A computer lab is located on the first floor of Norris which has six PCs and two Macs. A black and white printer is also located in this lab.


A recycling unit is located on the first floor of Norris.

Building Details

1430 Park Street
Grinnell, IA 50012
United States
Offices / Resources: 
Residence Life
Building History: 

Four generations of the Norris family, for whom Norris Hall is named, attended Grinnell College. It was S.W. "Fritz" Norris 1896 who founded an independent student newspaper, the Scarlet and Black, which is still published today. Norris Hall, located at the corner of Park Street and 10th Avenue, was dedicated on Oct. 8, 1960, as a feature of the College's then-annual homecoming weekend. Norris Hall is located in the northwestern corner of campus.

Residence Life Coordinator