Photographer: Ben Brewer '11
Photographer: Sarah DeLong

Ward Field

Ward Field, now an open grassy area near the East Campus residence halls, was the site of the College's football stadium from 1911 to 1974. Ward Field itself was first used in 1893. The Ward Field football stadium was torn down in 1976 and the area was landscaped to provide one large, open area for playing fields. Ward Field also served for a time as the varsity men's soccer field.