Harry Hopkins House
Name: Harry Hopkins House
Address: 1131 Park St.
Purpose: Faculty offices
Named for: The house is named for Harry Lloyd Hopkins, the 1912 Grinnell graduate who became world-famous as the chief aide to President Franklin D. Roosevelt during the Great Depression, New Deal, and World War II.
Harry Hopkins House, almost directly west of Herrick Chapel, houses faculty offices. The house was originally the 19th-century residence of Joshua Metcalf Chamberlain (1825–1897), librarian, treasurer, and trustee of the College, and donor of the land for Mears Cottage.