Name: Mary B. James Hall
Address: 1135 East St.
Purpose: Residence hall, 58 students
Year Built: 1915
Mary B. James, for whom James Hall was named, was a respected and revered schoolteacher in the Grinnell community. James Hall, part of the Quadrangle on South Campus, was built in 1915 and was originally home to the female students. Like all Grinnell residence halls, James Hall is now co-ed.
- Four student lounges
- One kitchen
Students have named an annual cross-dressing ball in honor of “Mary B. James.”