Name: Francelia Spitzer Loose and Dr. David N. Loose Hall
Address: 1215 East St.
Purpose: Residence hall, 103 students
The largest South Campus residence hall, Loose Hall was dedicated to two Iowans — Francelia Spitzer Loose, a schoolteacher, and her physician husband, Dr. David N. Loose. The spacious Loose Lounge houses a piano, fireplace, television, and a variety of furniture easily adapted for meetings, events, and presentations.
- Laundry facilities
- Five kitchens
- Two student lounges
Loose Hall was one of the first residence halls on campus to bring men and women together on the same floor after coeducational living was adopted in 1968.