Name: John Scholte Nollen House
Address: 1121 Park St.
Purpose: Administrative building
Named for: John Scholte Nollen (1869-1952), president of the College from 1931 to 1940.
Nollen House is the main administration building of the College. It was designed by Eugene H. Taylor of the class of 1876, a partner in the firm of Josselyn and Taylor of Cedar Rapids, Iowa. The building houses the Offices of the President, Institutional Planning and Budget Planning, Diversity and Inclusion, and Academic Affairs and Dean of the College.
David Sutherland Morrison, who built the house in 1903, succeeded his father, Frederic W. Morrison, in running Grinnell’s earliest industry, a tanning facility and glove factory, which in its day served markets in this country and abroad.