Name: Norris Hall
Address: 1430 Park St.
Purpose: Residence hall, 109 students
Year Built: 1960
Four generations of the Norris family, for whom Norris Hall is named, attended Grinnell College. The hall was dedicated on Oct. 8, 1960, as a feature of the College’s then-annual homecoming weekend.
- Air conditioning
- A computer lab with a printer
- One kitchen
- Four student lounges, one with a piano
S.W. “Fritz” Norris 1896 founded Grinnell’s independent Scarlet and Black student newspaper, still published today.