Name: Rose Hall
Address: 1401 East St.
Purpose: Residence hall, 69 students
Rose was named to honor the mother of College trustee Henry Cornell ’76. Constructed of white Iowa limestone, it is connected to the other East Campus halls by a roofed loggia. Its large first-floor windows overlook the expanse of Mac Field. Rose Hall has the distinction of being part of the “equinox pathway.” Early risers on the morning of the vernal equinox can view the sunrise directly to the east through two campus archways — the Rose Hall arch and the Rawson/Gates Tower arch. Like the other East Campus halls, Rose benefits from the modern conveniences of air conditioning and elevators. The East Campus residence halls were designed by William Rawn Associates to complement, but not duplicate, the dormitories President John H.T. Main built more than 90 years ago.
- Three student lounges
- One kitchen
- Handicap-accessible elevator
- Laundry facilities
Rose Hall’s first-floor lounge is the setting for “Crop Rotations,” artwork by Sally Kuzma that uses scanned images of kernels of corn to create kaleidoscopic patterns.