Name: Charles A. Rawson Hall
Address: 1336 Park St.
Purpose: Residence hall, 35 students
Rawson Hall is recognizable by its tower, the southern of the two towers that are a central feature of the North Campus range of residences, at the corner of Park Street and Ninth Avenue. Resembling the gate of Hampton Court Palace, it aligns with a parallel gate that is part of Rose Hall on East Campus. It, with Gates to the immediate north, forms part of the part of the “equinox pathway.” Early risers on the morning of the vernal equinox can view the sunrise directly to the east through two campus archways — the Rose Hall arch and the Rawson/Gates Tower arch.
- Four student lounges
- One kitchen
- Gender-neutral rooms
According to legend, Gary Cooper ’26 once led a horse up the stairway of Gates-Rawson Tower with varying results, depending on who tells the story.