Name: Steiner Hall
Address: 1120 Park St.
Purpose: Academic building
Year Built: 1907
Named for: Edward A. Steiner (1866–1956), Rand Professor of Applied Christianity and one of the College's most eminent teachers. Steiner was connected with the Social Gospel movement, which had a strong base at Grinnell College.
Originally called the Christian Association Building, Steiner housed student service associations (YMCA and YWCA). Steiner is now home to seminar classrooms and houses the religious studies, philosophy, and education departments.
The architect had planned a passageway or cloister to connect the building with Herrick Chapel, which is just north of Steiner, but the feature was eliminated during the building process due to lack of funds.