- The Aquatic Biology class studies organisms and winter conditions in the Skunk River.
- CERA's manager plans restoration projects.
- Controlled burns of prairie and savanna areas.
- "Organisms, Evolution, & Ecology" classes study long-term fire experiments.
- The Avian Biology class records the arrival of migrating birds.
- Alumni and their families visit during Alumni Weekend.
- Student interns begin summer restoration work.
- Biology students conduct research supervised by Grinnell faculty.
- The Center for Prairie Studies takes community members on field trips to CERA.
- Controlled burns of prairie plots.
- Local 4th graders learn about prairie from Grinnell College students and faculty.
- Tutorials from many departments (e.g., anthropology, art, English, religious studies) visit CERA.
- The Prairie Restoration class studies the ecological effects of fire on prairies.
- Field classes (e.g., Evolution of the Iowa Flora, and Fungal Biology) use CERA as a base.
- Students and community members collect prairie seeds.
- Controlled burns of prairie, savanna, and woodland areas.
- Time for cross-country skiing.