- For a list of vascular plants, see attached PDF below
- Seeding and Planting Records (contact the CERA Manager)
- Iowa Flora: Eilers, Lawrence & Dean M. Roosa. 1994. The Vascular Plants of Iowa: An annotated checklist and natural history. University of IA Press, Iowa City.
- Iowa Threatened and Endangered Species
Plant Phenological Records
These observations have been recorded in field notes by the CERA Manager and are not necessarily for the purpose of monitoring specific species. As such they are not being collected in a systematic way. However, records may be sorted by species, location, and observation date to investigate phenologies of several species and obtain some distribution data. Contribute your own observations of plant phenology at CERA by submitting a field observation form. Years: 2000-present Data per observation: Date, location, species, flowering status, fruiting status, additional notes (height, specific location, etc.) Availability: Excel file from the CERA Manager.
Monitoring Native Species
- Prairie violets (Viola pedatifida)
- Purple oxalis (Oxalis violacea)
- Shooting star (Dodecatheon meadii)
- New Jersey tea (Ceonothus americanus)
- Solomon's seal (Polygonatum biflorum)
- False Solomon's seal (Smilacina racemosa)
- Jack-in-the-pulpit (Arisaema triphyllum)
- Green dragon (Arisaema dracontium)
- Wild leek (Allium tricoccum)
- Red baneberry (Actaea rubra)
- Wingstem (Verbesina alternifolia)
- Beakgrass (Diarrhena americana)
- Databases USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) Plants Database
- Floras Flora of North America Minnesota Mosses
- Images University of Wisconsin, Madison Woody Plant Image Collection: Images of leaves, branches, friuts, and flowers are available for most Midwestern woody species.
- Herbaria CERA Herbarium Grinnell College Herbarium Ada Hayden Herbarium - Iowa State University University of Iowa Herbarium Robert W. Freckmann Herbarium - University of Wisconsin, Stevens Point Wisconsin State Herbarium - University of Wisconsin, Madison