- CHM 129 General Chemistry
- CHM 210 Inorganic & Analytical Chemistry (formerly 130)
- CHM 358 Instrumental Analysis
- SCI Scientific Glassblowing
- TUT (Tutorial) Is it Worth the Risk?
Professor Sharpe is interested in the development of environmental chemical sensors based on fluorescent, powdered, semiconductor materials. He and his students have found that these materials indicate the presence of pollutants such as sulfur dioxide (precursor of acid rain) by the decrease in the fluorescent intensity of the semiconducting materials. Another area of interest is the use of Extended X-ray Absorption Fine Structure, EXAFS, spectroscopy to study ion conductivity in polymers. Sharpe Summer 2012 Research Description