The Center for International Studies is at the heart of Grinnell College’s work to provide students with a global education. The Center creates opportunities for students and faculty to develop their knowledge of the world and to increase their engagement with global issues.
Here’s how we do it:
- The Center brings prestigious international scholars and artists to campus to teach short courses or semester-long courses. Students can take classes with a German chemist, an Indian literary critic, or a Sri Lankan political scientist.
- The Center works with Off-Campus Study to give every Grinnell student an opportunity to study abroad and to bring that experience back into Grinnell’s campus life.
- The Center supports Grinnell’s diverse international student population with activities that allow all students to share their individual perspectives.
- The Center creates on-campus events that deal with important international issues, like climate change, immigration, and sustainable agriculture.
- The Center keeps faculty up-to-date by giving them opportunities to gain new knowledge abroad, such as through the Faculty Development Seminar.
- The Center creates international partnerships with places like Nanjing University in China, which allow special opportunities for Grinnell students and faculty.
Want to know more? Look through our website or look at some of the stories and videos on the left sidebar, which will give you a sense of Grinnell’s global identity.