While the Center for Prairie Studies is about more than the prairie as an ecosystem, we are interested in that, both as a subject for student and faculty research and in terms of encouraging greater public awareness of the natural heritage of our region.
The Grinnell College Conard Environmental Research Area is a 365-acre field station that has over 100 acres of prairie that we invite visitors to explore.
On these pages you will find information about local prairies, prairie gardens and prairie restoration, and links to other Iowa organizations that deal with prairie issues.
- Athletic Field Complex Prairies
- Campus Prairie Gardens
- City of Grinnell Prairie Plantings and Gardens
- Guide to Prairie Sites Near Grinnell
- Poweshiek County Prairie Roadside Tour
- Prairie Landscaping and Restoration