External Resources - Philosophy Topics
This dictionary is intended as a free resource to all those interested in the philosophy of mind. The Dictionary has a policy of blind peer review for all submissions to the Dictionary." Edited by Chris Eliasmith. Good source for quick definitions of concepts in the philosophy of mind. Some entries of key terms are extensive, often written by major philosophers. Provides references for further information.
By David Chalmers. "This is a bibliography of recent work in the philosophy of mind, philosophy of cognitive science, philosophy of artificial intelligence, and on consciousness in the sciences. It consists of 4934 entries, and is divided into six parts (Consciousness and Qualia; Mental Content; Psychophysical Relations; Philosophy of Artificial Intelligence; Miscellaneous Topics; Consciousness in the Sciences), each of which is further divided by topic and subtopic. Many of the entries are annotated with a brief summary. Most areas of mainstream contemporary philosophy of mind are covered, but very active tangential areas, such as belief semantics and action theory, have been largely ignored. The bibliography consists mostly of papers and books from the last 35 years, with density of coverage increasing with proximity to the present."
Maintained by the Philosophy Department at Duke University, this site presents resources, programs and publishers related to cognition and mind.
This site is dedicated to promoting discussion of philosophical and political issues. This index has links to papers and archived discussions of all their discussion lists, including:
- Paul Virilio
- PhilLitCrit: Discussion of philosophy, literature, and the critical space of their encounter
Discussion is uneven, sometimes silly, but sometimes quite good. Spoon is operated through the Institute for Advanced Technology in the Humanities at the University of Virginia.
Created by Doug Stewart. A good place to look for resources relating to science studies; the emphasis is on history of science, but there are links to resources for philosophy of science.
- Philosophical Organizations
- Topics, Areas, and Movements
- Center for Advanced Research in Phenomenology
- Chinese Philosophy Page
- Contemporary Philosophy of Mind: An Annotated Bibliography
- Dictionary of Philosophy of Mind
- Feminist Theory Website
- History of Science/Science Studies Reference Sources
- Logic Sites and Resources
- Metaphysics Research Lab
- Philosophy of Mind
- Research Sources on Concepts of Person and Self
- Resources Concerning Existentialism
- The Spoon Collective
- The Notebook for Contemporary Continental Philosophy
- Women in Philosophy
- Brown University Cyberspace and Critical Theory Page
- Essential Readings on Chinese Philosophy
- General Links
- Off-Campus Study
- Colloquium: Fall 2012 and Spring 2013