During the first half of the semester, students will meet in small groups, to consider a variety of reading and study skills topics.
- How to construct REALISTIC daily, weekly, monthly schedules
- PROCRASTINATION: Causes? Cures?
- What's the most NATURAL way to expand your vocabulary?
How to Read Faster and Better: Reading More Efficiently
- Several discussions on how to evolve into more critical and flexible readers, with emphasis throughout on building concentration, comprehension, memory, and rate (four primary goals for most reading lab students).
- What can students learn from educational psychology about absorbing and retaining information?
- What study methods equip students to REHEARSE for tests?
- Test anxiety?
Students are encouraged to suggest additional topics.