Mathematics Course Sequence
Major requirements and course descriptions are available from the College Catalog.
Search for current course offerings at the Office of the Registrar.
Requirements for Math Majors
- 32 credits (not including MAT-115, MAPs, or independent studies)
- At least 16 credits at the 300-400 level
- 316, 321, and a 300-level sequence; sequences include 335-336, 316-317, or 321-322.
The following graphic gives an overview of the course sequence that is described in the Catalog.
Tentative upcoming subjects for advanced topics courses and senior seminar
- MATH 317: Complex Analysis
- MATH 322: Field Theory
- MATH 444: Bayesian Statistical Analysis
- MATH 317: Experimental Analysis
- MATH 322: Elliptic Curves
- MATH 444: Topological Data Analysis
- MATH 317: Numerical Analysis
- MATH 322: Algebraic Combinatorics
- MATH 444: Simulation Methods in Statistics