Steps for Applying
With the exception of the Grinnell-in-London program, Grinnell students follow a two-step process for applying to study off campus during the fall, spring or academic year:
- Search the database of featured programs. If interested in applying to an alternative program or for the full academic year, review petitioning instructions.
- Apply for Grinnell approval to study off campus (Fall, Spring or Academic Year) by December 5. NOTE: The Grinnell-in-London program has a one-step application due February 1.
- The online application will open in early fall.
- Notifications of approval are generally sent out in mid-February.
- Apply for acceptance directly to the OCS program approved by Grinnell in Step One.
- Due date: Depends on the program. Most programs review on a rolling admission basis. Your approval notification in Step One will encourage you to apply as early as possible to give you an advantage in that process.
- The program acceptance rate for Grinnell students is high for those who remain eligible and apply early. If you are not admitted, the OCS Office will help you find an acceptable alternative.