Here you'll find our volunteer application for the fall of 2014.
Note: Because of Department of Corrections/Central Iowa Juvenile Detention Center regulations, students under the age of 18 are not eligible to volunteer. If you are interested in volunteering and you are under 18 but will be turning 18 during the semester, you can still fill out an application and we will try to work you in during the semester.
This application is due by noon on Monday, September 8. If you wish to volunteer at the Iowa Correctional Institution for Women, you must fill out and return your background check form by noon on Tuesday, September 2.
- You must go through an orientation at the prison where you want to volunteer. The next orientation for:
- The Iowa Correctional Institution for Women (ICIS) will be Wednesday, September 10, from 5-9 p.m. (Leaving campus at 4 p.m. and returning by 10 p.m.)
- Newton Correctional Facility (NCF) will be Tuesday, September 30. (Leaving campus at 4:15 p.m. and returning by 8:30 p.m.)
- To attend these orientations, you must fill out the appropriate Background Check Form. Both are due in Emily's office in Windsor House at 1026 Park St.
- The ICIW background check form is due at NOON on Tuesday, September 2.
- The NCF background check form is due at NOON on Monday, September 8.
- PART ONE, Online Form