While visiting, prospective students and their parents can dive right in to college life by eating at the all-campus dining hall. The town of Grinnell, however, does offer a range of restaurants, cafés, and delis to complement the student dining experience. You may want to make reservations ahead of time!
For a more complete list of dining establishments and phone numbers, visit Dining in Grinnell.
Selected restaurant descriptions:
- Relish - Mediterranean-influenced dishes cooked almost entirely from local foods grown or raised in Iowa.
- Pagliai's Pizza - Unique and savory pizza, as well as a mouthwatering list of Italian specialties.
- A&M Café - A beloved greasy spoon with scrumptious breakfast and an impressive display of old trucker paraphernalia.
- Back Alley Deli - The classic hole-in-the-wall sandwich joint, serving everything from pastrami to corned beef, piled on fresh-baked bread.
- Casa Margarita - Fun and festive Mexican fare, complete with tiny sombreros and gigante margaritas.
- Chuong Garden - Tasty Chinese cuisine in the heart of downtown Grinnell; check out the $5 lunch special.
- Dari Barn - Nothing's yummier in the summer months than this local hot spot serving the best in fried food and frozen delights.
- Lonnski's Pub & Deli - Hearty sandwiches and local brews...an unbeatable combination.
This is just a sampling of options in Grinnell. Looking for more listings or phone numbers? See Dining in Grinnell.
Prospective Grinnell students may enjoy staying overnight with current students in the dorms. Although we encourage you to take advantage of this opportunity, some prefer to stay in local inns or hotels with accompanying family members. Lodging on campus is not available to parents or others traveling with the prospective student.
Please refer to the list of recommended accommodations near the Grinnell College campus if needed: