We emphasize a collaborative academic environment, respect for differences, and the exploration of ideas across departments. We’re committed to challenging you and giving you the support you need to excel.
We are also a community of active citizens. We support and look out for each other, add our voices to campus discussions, and ask for help when we need it.
Here at Grinnell, you are trusted to be a responsible community member. Students here act for the community, not just for the individual.
The student-elected Student Government Association is trusted to manage a $400,000 budget that provides entertainment and support for all students, not just a select few. Care about music or film? Join the committee and help decide what concerts and films come to campus.
The culture here is based on the values of generations of Grinnellians who came before, and adapts to each new class. Your responsibility as a Grinnellian is to help build the culture you want to experience.
Wonder if you fit in? You will if:
- You respect yourself and others.
- You are curious, hard-working, and engaged.
- You're willing to challenge yourself and try new things.
- You want to learn more about various cultures from those who come from them, and share you own experiences.
- You're willing to take an active role in building a safe, welcoming community.