Grinnell College Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
The Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) has been an active student group at Grinnell College since 2000. Following a national trend supporting enhanced opportunities, positive images, and a strong sense of service, Grinnell's SAAC began organizing student athletes to make a difference in the college and town community. After several years of facing the pressures that come with being a new group, the SAAC found gratifying success in 2003, and participation has since been steadily climbing. Consequently, the SAAC continues to maintain a strong presence on campus and in the city of Grinnell.
Campus and Community Impact/Involvement
- Extension of dining room hours for dinner
- Input on needs in new Athletic and Fitness Center
- College Policy on "cutting" athletes from teams
- Opportunity to study abroad in the off-season as opposed to during primary athletic season
- Development of all-athlete end-of-year celebration
- Input on the definition of a "letter winner"
- Community service
- Alternative Happy Hour
- Reading at elementary schools
- Faculty Night Out
- Special Olympics
- Community Meal
- SAAC Newsletter