Services Provided for Visiting Teams
We would like to take this opportunity to inform you of the services we provide.
1. A certified athletic trainer will be available at all home events, and one will travel with football to away events.
2. A physician will be at all home football games, and available at your request.
3. The athletic training room is located in the basement of the PEC building. Please note there are no athletic training facilities in Darby gym (volleyball and men's and women's basketball will compete here). Please contact us prior to the event if you will need assistance, or special arrangements. We will be happy to help in any way we can. Please provide your own taping supplies. The athletic training room is open 1 hour before every practice and 2 hours before any event.
4. The following modalities are offered:
- Ice bags/ ice cups/ ice bath
- Hydrocollator packs
- Hot and cold whirlpools
- Ultrasounds (with a note from ATC or MD)
- Muscle Stim (with a note from ATC or MD)
5. The following items will be provided on your bench:
- Ice water with cups
- Ice bags, ice cups
- Biohazard bag
- Other emergency equipment will be available at the home bench.
6. Emergency services are provided by Grinnell Regional Hospital located 1 mile from campus. Arrangements can me made through the host athletic trainer.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call us.
Priscilla Lowther M.S., ATC, C.S.C.S. (641)269-3842