Emergency Resource Card
RLC's on Call
Student Health and Counseling Services (SHACS)
Iowa Local Health Center
Grinnell Police Department
Substance Abuse Treatment/SATUCI
Domestic Violence Alternatives/Sexual Assault Center
National Weather Service
Powshiek County Mental Health Center
on campus -4440 or 1-800-779-3512
In Your Office or Room
- Lock your door, even if you are just going down the hall. It takes a thief 10 seconds or less to enter an open room and steal your property.
- Do not leave messages on your door indicating that you are away and when you will be back.
- If someone asks to use your phone for an emergency call, offer to telephone for them instead of allowing them access.
- Do not put your address on your key ring.
- Call the Campus Safety and Security Department at extension 4600
- to report suspicious persons or activity.
- Walk in well-lit areas of the campus at night.
- For information on a campus escort service, call the Campus Safety and Security Department at extension 4600.
- Walk purposefully, know where you are going and project a no-nonsense image.
Protecting Your Auto or Bicycle
- Always lock your car.
- Lock bikes to bike racks with hardened-alloy locks and chains or U-shaped locks.
- Do not leave tempting valuables or property visible inside the car. Lock these items in your trunk.
Protecting Yourself When Driving
- Look into your car before getting in. Lock doors and roll up windows once inside for protection.
- Do not stop to help occupants of stopped disabled cars. Continue driving to the nearest phone and call assistance for them.
- Raise the hood, then lock yourself into your car if your breaks down. If someone stops and offers you help, remain in your car and ask them to phone for help. Do not worry about seeming rude.
- If traveling a great distance and you stop at a rest area at night, attempt to park in a well-lit area. Be EXTRA CAREFUL and be aware of your surroundings and the other people at the rest stop.