At Grinnell getting around requires nothing more than your own two feet. A vibrant, walkable downtown full of restaurants, stores, and services is just two blocks away. And when you need to travel further, we’ll help you get there.
Get around campus
- Start rolling with the campus public bicycle program.
- Reserve a seat on the College shuttle to local grocery and department stores.
- Catch a weekend shuttle to Des Moines and Iowa City.
- Share a car by the hour using Hertz Connect Cars.
- Own your own car? Review the parking regulations.
Get home (and back!)
- Book a College break shuttle to/from, Des Moines airport.
- Make the trip on your own terms, with local taxis, buses, and car-pool services.
Many campus offices also provide transportation for specific purposes: Need to pick up a prescription at the local pharmacy? Contact Student Health and Counseling Services. Want to attend an off-campus religious service or event? Check with the folks at the Center for Religion, Spirituality, and Social Justice. And Student Affairs staff members are always ready to help, at sa[at]grinnell[dot]edu or 641-269-3700.