To get the most out of your Grinnell education, you need to be at your best. You'll be working hard and playing hard, and you're the only one who can take care of yourself. That said, we'll help, with healthy food, free fitness classes, our mental and physical health services, and support services.
You can get help from staff like the academic advisers in student affairs, nurses and counselors in the health center, and residence life coordinators in the residence halls. And our students are focused on wellness, too, and understand the challenges you face. They include the hall wellness coordinators and members of the Harm Reduction Committee, the Sexual Health Information Center, and the Stonewall Resource Center.
Body, mind, or spirit – all are important to overall wellness. Some tips for staying well:
- Visit our health center for physical and mental health care.
- Strengthen your body and relax with the pool, Zumba classes, climbing wall, weights, and more at our fitness center.
- Take advantage of varsity athletics, intramural sports, and outdoor recreation activities.
- Stop by the swing set at the Rosenfield Center for a quick pick me up.
- Get support with academics with tutors, our academic resource center, and academic support staff.
- Take advantage of the fresh, local foods available in the dining hall.
- Join a prayer group, meditate, or celebrate your religion.
- Get tips and encouragement from your fellow students, including your hall wellness coordinator.
Oh, and in all the excitement, don't forget to sleep!