The campus map linked below shows the locations where we are currently expecting to either expand a current parking area or build a new one, with the primary goal of anticipating the loss of the Darby Gymnasium parking lot and the increased demand that will occur as result of the new East Campus Residence Halls.
More specifically, this summer, we hope to:
- Expand the parking area next to Mears Cottage (approx. 9 additional spaces).
- Expand the parking area behind the Forum (approx. 10 additional spaces).
- Build a new parking area to the east of, and across the railroad tracks from, the Noyce Science Center (approx. 30 additional spaces).
- Expand the parking along the alley which is behind Grinnell House (approx. 7 additional spaces).
- Build a new parking area behind the Chrystal Center (approx. 20 additional spaces).
- Expand the parking along the alley which is behind the Preschool, several student houses, and the house currently occupied by the Office of Communication and Events (approx. 5 additional spaces).
These sites are shown in blue on the linked map below.
This upcoming fall, we hope to build a new parking area on the site where the fifth residence hall is ultimately projected to be built. This site is shown in red on the linked map below and is projected to provide approximately 62 additional parking spaces.
Finally, it is likely that additional parking will be built north of 10th Avenue and east of the railroad tracks to accommodate those who wish to use the College's athletic facilities and fields. The linked map below does not show these parking areas yet because of their indeterminacy.