Grinnell's natatorium reflects the latest technology and design, offering swimmers a magnificent place to compete, train, or pursue personal fitness goals. The flexibility of the facility is one of its greatest strengths. Two movable bulkheads can reshape the pool for different purposes. And Grinnellians will take pride knowing that their natatorium exhibits the highest standards of environmental responsibility and efficiency.
West of the current building, the natatorium connects to Darby Gym and the fieldhouse via an underground link and features:
- Fifty-meter by 25-yard pool
- Competition configuration of diving well, ten 25-yard lanes, and shallow warm-up area
- Daily use provides nineteen 25-yard lap lanes
- Two one-meter and two three-meter diving boards on concrete platform
- Diving well (13 feet deep)
- Two bulkheads to transform the pool into a multipurpose facility
- Shallow area that offers an area for water aerobics, kids, etc.
- Colorado Timing System
- State-of-the-art air exchange
- Seating areas for about 500 spectators
- Classroom near pool that seats 24
- Walk-down entry for spectators
- Quality audio system
- Two family changing rooms