On behalf of the entire College, the Division of Student Affairs invites all families to Family Weekend 2016. The dates for Family Weekend 2016 are Friday, September 16, through Sunday, September 18. Plan now to attend this fall!
Family Weekend 2016 is the perfect opportunity to spend time with your student, meet faculty members, and become better acquainted with Grinnell College. Past Family Weekend activities have included:
- Academic classroom visits
- An ice cream social hosted by the Division of Students Affairs
- Shabbat service and table on Friday night hosted by Chalutzim, Grinnell's Jewish student organization
- Poster presentations about student research initiatives in the science, social studies, and humanities divisions
- Campus and community tours
- Observatory open house to see the stars
- Family Weekend Parade and Pep Fest
- Several athletic competitions
- President's reception and remarks
- A family listserv meet-up/coffee hour
- An interdenominational worship service on Sunday morning
- A jazz brunch on Sunday
There are several lodging options in and around Grinnell. Make your reservation today!
We look forward to welcoming families on campus this fall, Sept. 16-18, 2016!