What forms should I complete if I want to renew my merit scholarship?

None. You will receive an Award Notification during the spring semester provided you have maintained a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or greater.

Iowa is my state of legal residence. Am I required to apply for the Iowa Tuition Grant?

Yes. Use the FAFSA to apply. It is standard policy not to use college funds to replace state grants denied because of lateness or failure to apply by the Iowa College Student Aid Commission's July 1st deadline.

What must I do if I am participating in a Grinnell College approved Off-Campus Study (OCS) program?

Students studying off-campus may experience a delay in their award notification if the OCS program is delayed in providing the Office of Financial Aid current budget data. Fall OCS awards are made in June and Spring OCS awards are made in November provided all appropriate deadlines are met.

After I submit all of the required information, when can I expect to hear about my eligibility for financial aid?

Students submitting required application materials by January 5, 2018, should receive the award notification by March 1, 2018. Students submitting required application materials by April 2, 2018, should receive the award notification by June 1, 2018.

How is my eligibility for aid affected if I live off campus?

Living off campus does not impact your financial aid eligibility. Since you will still have living expenses, such as rent, utilities, and food, we use the same estimated cost of attendance when calculating your award as we do for students living on campus.

One exception to this is if you live with your parents. Your cost of attendance will be reduced because your living expenses will be much less. This likely will cause a reduction in your financial aid.

What if my circumstances change?

If an event such as a death or job loss means that your family will have substantially less income than anticipated, we will work with you to adjust your aid for the current academic year, when possible. Income changes taking effect later in the fall semester through the spring semester typically do not impact eligibility until the following academic year. Contact the Office of Student Financial Aid for a Reconsideration Request Form. (If your family's income goes up unexpectedly, your aid package will be adjusted accordingly the following academic year.)