Exercise improves sleep quality and daytime alertness.
A diet rich in vegetables and fruits has many health benefits.
President Kington's 12-week wellness challenge begins.
Live Well Grinnell provides resources, support, and encouragement to all members of our community (students, staff, faculty) as they seek their vision of optimal wellness in all dimensions.
Central tenets of Live Well Grinnell:
Live Well Grinnell serves students, faculty, and staff through multidimensional wellness programming. This includes activity classes such as spinning and yoga, preventative interventions such as flu shots, credit courses such as “The Off Campus Kitchen”, fitness center orientations, and alcohol and other drug education. The Hall Wellness Coordinators (HWCs), peer educators and resources, also are part of the wellness program. Live Well Grinnell provides a wellness reimbursement program and a biennial blood-screening for faculty and staff.
The Charles Benson Bear ’39 Recreation and Athletic Center houses:
- The 1,250 seat Darby Gymnasium, home of the Pioneer men’s and women’s basketball teams and volleyball team;
- A 500-seat natatorium with a 50-meter pool and movable bulkheads; and
- A six-lane 200-meter fieldhouse with seating for 400.
- An 8,000 square foot fitness center with cardiovascular and strength equipment;
- An auxillary practice gymnasium
In addition, the center houses the physical education and athletics staff and faculty, as well as classroom and practice space, climbing and bouldering walls, racquetball courts, locker rooms, equipment room, and a concession lounge with wireless Internet access and seating area.