The feature image is the small image in the upper-left corner of the Grinnell College template. By default, it is filled by the laurel leaf graphic and "[No Limits]" graphic.
There are two ways you can change this image:
- Changed for an entire "section" of the Grinnell website (such as Sociology, Student Affairs, Rosenfield, Admission, or Faulconer Gallery)
- Changed for an individual page
Changing the Feature Image
If you are a Drupal editor, you must request that a Power User or site Administrator put the images up for you. To change your feature image:
- Locate your nearest, friendly, neighborhood power user
- Send them the photo or photos you want to be used
- This image must be cropped to 215px wide by 100px tall. No other size can be used.
- Specify the page or pages these images will go on
Power User Instructions
If you are not a power user, follow the instructions listed above.
If you are a power user (who has access to the menu interface), you can change the feature image yourself.
- Use the administrative menu to go to "Site Building" > "Menus" or click "Menus" in the left-hand menu.
- Select the menu containing the pages you will be changing the feature image for.
- Click "edit" on the menu item that you want to change. If that menu item is a section, the image will be used on ALL children of that page unless they are given their own feature image.
- At the bottom of the page, expand the "Section Settings" fieldset at the bottom of the menu item's settings page.
- Click browse next to the Feature Image upload field and browse to the image you want to use.
- Save the changes.
Notes about the Feature Image
- It must be 215px wide and 100px tall.
- If either dimension is larger than what is allowed, the image will be scaled down until both dimensions are below the maximum size allowed. The ratio will be maintained in the scaled-down image.
- The image can be GIF, JPG, or PNG.
- The feature image is left-justified by default. If you want to center a narrow image in the feature image in the space, center it in a 215px-wide PNG with a transparent background.