Metadata is the information—like creation date, author, address, and more—that describes the content of a node.
- Fill in metadata whenever possible.
- Provide as much metadata as you can.
- Provide copyright or permissions information.
- You’ll want the information 10 years from now.
- It’s easier to find now than in five months.
- You may want it in a different view or display.
- It can help us avoid copyright problems.
- Some metadata helps those using different devices, such as screen readers or small devices.