We use short titles to create the URLs for our pages. When your page appears in a browser, the short title will be the last part of the web address.
- Use keywords (most often these come from the title).
- Keep short titles short, sweet, and easy to read.
- Use only letters, numbers, dashes, and underscores.
- Do not use spaces or other characters.
- Keep full URL under 100 characters.
- URLs with spaces break when emailed and can be difficult to interpret in print.
- Certain special characters are not allowed. Others may be misinterpreted.
- Long URLs are difficult to remember, type, or describe to others over the phone, and tend to break when e-mailed.
- Our site does not support urls over 100 characters.
- Incorrect: Tobias Fünke ’03, Personal Profile Page
- Better: Tobias-Funke-Profile-Page
- Best: Tobias-Funke, TobiasFunke, or Funke