"I can't edit something"
Parts of the site don't appear in the "My Sections" tab or the "Edit" tab only appears on some pages.
You most likely have one of two problems:
- You don't have permissions to the area of the site you are trying to edit.
- You are trying to edit a "View." Remember that views only display information from other nodes (i.e. there is nothing to edit). Learn more about Views.
Assuming you are in a position that should have access to these pages, the Web Guys are happy to give you access to that area of the site. Just send them an email telling them which areas of the site (e.g. "Philosophy" and "Residential Life") you need.
- Grinnell.edu Help
- Website Standards
- Resources & How-Tos
- Drupal Glossary
- Drupal Help Blog
- "Not a Valid URL"
- "This post can't be referenced."
- "Title Mismatch"
- Can't change Section Assignment
- Can't edit faculty/staff list
- Can't edit something
- Can't log in
- Committee fields doubling
- Faculty/staff list broken
- Faculty/staff list in wrong order
- Forms missing grid enteries
- Forms won't display
- I can't find the node I want in an autocomplete field
- Image/File doesn't load/display properly
- Menu link goes to parent
- Missing Section Assignment
- Person doesn't show in view
- Weird code at top of page/content
- Who to Talk to
- Bug Reporter
- Feature Request
- Request Training or New Help Content