Section Assignment lost when editing a node
When editing a node, the section assignment can disappear. When you save the node, you get an error.
When you try to re-enter the section assignement, the drop-down list that you're supposed to be able to choose from doesn't appear.
Important: Webguys need more examples of this to help track down what's happening!
Heck if we know. The bug is being worked on, but we don't know what causes it yet.
Important: Please immediately fill out a bug report when this happens to you. Webguys need more examples to help track down what's happening.
To save your node, you'll need to copy the section assignment from another node with the same parent and paste it into the section assignment field. Basic example is below, but call us if you need help.
To copy a Section Assignment from one node to another:
- In a new tab (so you don't lose the edits you were working on), browse to a sibling page (a node that has the same parent as the one you're working on).
- Scroll down to the Section Assignment field and copy the code you see there. Make sure you copy everything, including the menu ID number.
- Go back to the first page and paste the code in the Section Assignment field.
- Grinnell.edu Help
- Website Standards
- Resources & How-Tos
- Drupal Glossary
- Drupal Help Blog
- "Not a Valid URL"
- "This post can't be referenced."
- "Title Mismatch"
- Can't change Section Assignment
- Can't edit faculty/staff list
- Can't edit something
- Can't log in
- Committee fields doubling
- Faculty/staff list broken
- Faculty/staff list in wrong order
- Forms missing grid enteries
- Forms won't display
- I can't find the node I want in an autocomplete field
- Image/File doesn't load/display properly
- Menu link goes to parent
- Missing Section Assignment
- Person doesn't show in view
- Weird code at top of page/content
- Who to Talk to
- Bug Reporter
- Feature Request
- Request Training or New Help Content