My image/file/person/other isn't an option
Autocomplete fields (look-up fields with a gray circle on the right) — like the image fields, committee member fields, or section assignment fields — do not show all possible matching nodes.
There are a few reasons you might not see the option you expect:
- The number of items Drupal can display in the drop-down list is limited.
- When a node is unpublished, Drupal will not display it in the list of options.
- Enter more of the title of the node to limit the number of possible results.
- Check the node you're trying to add using the autocomplete field. If it's unpublished, publish it.
- Use the node id instead of the node title to reference the node. E.g. [nid:12345]
Note: A few fields — most notably Section Assignment — look up menu ids, not node ids.
See Can't Change Section Assignment for tips for working with menu ids.
- Grinnell.edu Help
- Website Standards
- Resources & How-Tos
- Drupal Glossary
- Drupal Help Blog
- "Not a Valid URL"
- "This post can't be referenced."
- "Title Mismatch"
- Can't change Section Assignment
- Can't edit faculty/staff list
- Can't edit something
- Can't log in
- Committee fields doubling
- Faculty/staff list broken
- Faculty/staff list in wrong order
- Forms missing grid enteries
- Forms won't display
- I can't find the node I want in an autocomplete field
- Image/File doesn't load/display properly
- Menu link goes to parent
- Missing Section Assignment
- Person doesn't show in view
- Weird code at top of page/content
- Who to Talk to
- Bug Reporter
- Feature Request
- Request Training or New Help Content